Sunday, September 12, 2010

Armstrong St., Honolulu, HI.


After my husband died, I decided to use the life insurance money I received as a down payment to buy a house in Manoa I had tried to buy two years before when Kuhia was alive, the owner agreed to a price, my realtor wrote up the offer and the owner changed her mind because her new husband didn't agree. Kuhia said to me, I would like to see it. I told him he wouldn't like it. It looks like a shoe box according to my sister Donna. A shoe box with four bedrooms and two baths. Two years later I saw the house for sale sign on the street and went in and offered the realtor a dual agent relationship and the asking price, which now was $80,000. more than two years prior. I got the house.
My boyfriend at the time looked at the house and said he would not like to come home to this place. I offered to buy it together. He declined. Now he and I live in the house and have for many years.

No comments: